Lathan, Indiana State stop Colorado State 65-60Nov 21, 2009 - 2:37 AM TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(AP) -- Sophomore Dwayne Lathan posted team-leading totals of 18 points and nine rebounds as Indiana State defeated Colorado State 65-60 on Friday night.
Harry Marshall scored 15 points for the Sycamores (3-1), and Jake Kelly added 13 in a game that was part of the inaugural Mountain West/Missouri Valley Conference Challenge.
The Rams (2-2) were led by Dorian Green's 18 points. Andy Ogide added 12 and Andre McFarland 11.
The game was tied 29-29 at the half, but Indiana State used a 7-0 spurt to gain a 36-29 edge before Colorado State rallied midway through the second half to lead 40-39 on Travis Franklin's layup.
Latham sank two free throws made it 41-40, and the Sycamores never trailed after that.
Indiana State held advantages of 34-32 in rebounds, 9-8 in assists, 5-0 in blocks and 17-13 in turnovers.
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- Bohannon powers No. 20 Northern Iowa past Indiana State Jan 21
- Sycamores challenge 20th-ranked Panthers in MVC melee Jan 21
- New Mexico knocks off unbeaten CSU Jan 4
- Rams and Lobos mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 3