Northern Illinois drubs Tennessee State 85-57Nov 21, 2009 - 4:18 AM DE KALB, Ill.(AP) -- Sean Kowal hit a double-double of 18 points and 10 rebounds to pace Northern Illinois to an 85-57 victory over Tennessee State.
Tony Nixon added 16 points and Mike DiNunno 11 for the Huskies (1-2), and guard Darion "Jake" Anderson had a career-high 13 rebounds to go with nine points and six assists.
Jacquan Nobles led Tennessee State (0-2) with a game-high 21 points, including 5 of 6 from 3-point range. Darius Cox scored 12 points and grabbed five rebounds.
Northern Illinois blew out to a 47-28 halftime advantage in its home opener. The Huskies held a decisive shooting edge over the Tigers 54.4 percent to 35.0 and outrebounded them 47-32.
The Huskies were coming off Tuesday's 80-61 loss at Illinois in the first meeting between those two schools.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31