Louisiana Tech tops Miami (Ohio) 74-62Nov 21, 2009 - 3:46 AM ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.(AP) -- Kyle Gibson scored 27 to lead four Louisiana Tech players in double figures Friday as the Bulldogs came away with a 74-62 victory over Miami of Ohio in the opening game of the Basketball Travelers World Vision Classic.
Julian Mavunga had 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Redhawks (0-3), who didn't give him much help offensively.
Olu Ashaolu had a double-double for Louisiana Tech (2-0) with 14 points and 13 rebounds, while Jamel Guyton contributed 15 points and DeAndre Brown added 10.
The Bulldogs led by as much as 62-44 with 5:40 remaining before Miami rallied to cut it to 69-62 with 1:34 left after Mayunga hit a 3-pointer. But that was as close as the Redhawks would get.
Guyton powered Louisiana Tech to a 36-26 halftime lead by scoring nine points and hitting 3 of 5 3-pointers in the first half.
- NCAA BB
MIAMI OH 62
LOUISIANA TECH 74 FINAL
Nov 20 10:12 PM
- NCAA BB
MIAMI OH 26
LOUISIANA TECH 36 HALFTIME
Nov 20 8:53 PM
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14
- Bulldogs challenge seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 14
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8
- Miami-Ohio guard Moore suspended 9 games Nov 6
- Former Miami-Ohio coach Coles dies Jun 7