New Mexico defeats Nicholls State 83-59Nov 21, 2009 - 5:54 AM ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.(AP) -- Every New Mexico player got into the scoring column Friday and Phillip McDonald's 18 points led four Lobos in double figures as New Mexico topped Nicholls State 83-59 on the first day of the Basketball Travelers World Vision Classic.
Anatoly Bose had 20 points and six rebounds for the Colonels (0-3).
New Mexico (3-0) led from the 14-minute mark of the first half when it started an 11-minute, 24-4 run to go up 33-15. The lead never slipped into single digits.
McDonald got plenty of offensive help as Darington Hobson scored 14, Dairese Gary 13 and Roman Martinez 10. Martinez and A.J. Hardeman grabbed a game-high eight rebounds each.
New Mexico took a 37-25 lead into halftime behind McDonald's 13 first-half points.
- NCAA BB
NICHOLLS ST 59
NEW MEXICO 83 FINAL
Nov 21 12:39 AM
- NCAA BB
NICHOLLS ST 25
NEW MEXICO 37 HALFTIME
Nov 20 11:28 PM
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- UNM investigating purchasing activity on staffer's card Dec 22
- Lobos forward's career over because of spinal condition Nov 19
- New Mexico knocks off unbeaten CSU Jan 4
- Rams and Lobos mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 3
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- New Mexico's Neal to receive two-year extension Mar 31
- Stanford holds off New Mexico Mar 21
- Cardinal clash with Lobos in South Regional affair Mar 21