Stony Brook defeats Wagner 72-48Nov 22, 2009 - 3:18 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Bryan Dougher scored 12 points to lead five Stony Brook players in double figures in a 72-48 win over Wagner on Saturday night.
The Seawolves (3-0) scored 23 unanswered points to break a 16-16 first-half tie, and led by no less than 16 points the rest of the way.
Danny Carter ended the run with a layup to put Stony Brook ahead 39-16 with 6:43 left until halftime.
The Seawolves held Wagner (0-2) to 29.8 percent from the field (17 of 57) en rout to its first 3-0 start since the 1994-95 season.
Muhammad El-Amin and Chris Martin scored 11 points each and Desmond Adedeji chipped in 10 for Stony Brook. Tommy Brenton added 10 points and eight rebounds for the Seawolves.
The Seahawks were led by Tyler Murray, who scored 13 points on 4-of-9 shooting.
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 72
WAGNER 48 FINAL
Nov 21 8:54 PM
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 52
WAGNER 30 HALFTIME
Nov 21 7:59 PM
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28