Kromah leads George Washington past UMBC 94-51Nov 21, 2009 - 9:39 PM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Lasan Kromah scored 21 points and George Washington dominated Maryland-Baltimore County in a 94-51 win on Saturday.
Kromah, who made his first six 3-point attempts, scored 20 points in the first half for the Colonials (3-0), who shot 67.7 percent in the first half, including 9-for-13 from beyond the arc. Damian Hollis added 12 points.
George Washington used pressure defense, forcing four turnovers before the Retrievers (0-3) attempted a shot. The Colonials scored the first nine points of the game and closed the first half with a 33-15 run over the final 8:14 for a 59-28 halftime lead.
Shawn Grant scored 14 points for the Retrievers, who shot 30.6 (19-62) from the field in their first road game of the season.
Kromah, who also had four steals, did his first half damage in an efficient 10 minutes.
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 5 roots
Maryland-Baltimore County 51, George Washington 94 FinalNov 21 4:47 PM
- NCAA BB
GEO WASHINGTON 94 FINAL
Nov 21 4:05 PM
- NCAA BB
GEO WASHINGTON 59 HALFTIME
Nov 21 3:02 PM
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- VCU gets back on track at George Washington Feb 15
- Colonials tangle with 20th-ranked Rams Feb 14
- VCU keeps rolling with rout of George Washington Jan 27
- Colonials come calling on 14th-ranked Rams Jan 27
- GW upends No. 11 Wichita State Dec 25
- Shockers clash with Colonials for Diamond Head Classic crown Dec 25
- No. 9 UVA cruises past GW Nov 22
- Colonials seek upset of ninth-ranked Cavaliers Nov 21
- GW's Lonergan gets contract extension Mar 28
- Memphis fends off George Washington Mar 21
- Colonials battle Tigers in East Regional fracas Mar 21