Stephen F. Austin tops Jackson State 62-61Nov 22, 2009 - 3:47 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Jordan Glynn scored off a rebound with 1.1 seconds remaining Saturday to give Stephen F. Austin a 62-61 victory over Jackson State.
After the Lumberjacks called time-out with 32 seconds remaining to set up the last shot, Glynn missed from inside with :04 left. Eddie Williams' tip-in also missed the mark before Glynn grabbed the rebound and put in the game-winner.
Stephen F. Austin (1-1) scored the final six points of the game while holding Jackson State (0-3) scoreless for 1:46. Glynn scored the final five points for SFA, his only points of the game.
Williams had 19 points and nine rebounds for Stephen F. Austin, which trailed by 10 at one point in the second half. Walt Harris and Jereal Scott added 13 points each.
Tyrone Hanson led Jackson State with 20 points, and Garrison Johnson added 18.
- NCAA BB
JACKSON ST 61
SFA 62 FINAL
Nov 21 9:56 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSON ST 32
SFA 25 HALFTIME
Nov 21 8:49 PM
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15