Eastern Michigan tops Maryland-Eastern Shore 76-51Nov 22, 2009 - 1:43 AM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Justin Dobbins scored 19 points to lead Eastern Michigan to a 76-51 victory over Maryland-Eastern Shore Saturday night in the second round of the Hispanic College Fund Challenge at Missouri State University.
Eastern Shore (0-4) struggled from the field all night. After shooting just 38.5 percent in the first half, the Hawks missed their first six shots of the second half and finished shooting 25 percent in the period, including 1 of 10 from the 3-point line.
Eastern Michigan (2-1) led 34-28 at halftime and took advantage of the Hawks' poor shooting to take a 49-33 lead with 12:25 left. Eastern Shore never threatened after that.
The Eagles outscored Eastern Shore 34-22 in the paint.
Brandon Bowdry had 14 points and eight rebounds for Eastern Michigan and Jay Higgins added 11 points.
Mark Robertson and Kevin White each had eight points for Eastern Shore.
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28