North Texas 68, Oklahoma St. 82Nov 21, 2009 - 10:32 PM STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) -- James Anderson scored 25 points and three others scored in double figures Saturday as Oklahoma State beat North Texas, 82-66.
Obi Muonelo scored 17 points, Keiton Page 13 and Marshall Moses 10 for the Cowboys (3-0). Anderson and Moses each pulled down nine rebounds.
North Texas (2-1), coming off an overtime victory at Texas-Arlington on Wednesday, got 16 points from Eric Tramiel and 11 points from George Odufuwa.
Josh White, coming off a 35-point effort against Texas-Arlington, did not score his first points until 3:30 remained for the Mean Green. He finished with four points on 1-of-6 shooting.
The Cowboys used a pair of freshmen - Ray Penn and Fred Gulley - plus some solid trap defense in slowing down White.
North Texas trailed by 12 at halftime but drew to within 51-49 with just over 14 minutes to play. However, a 20-8 run keyed by Anderson and Muonelo over the next 10 minutes saw the Cowboys take control.
The Mean Green drew to within 10 with just over two minutes to play but a 3-pointer by Page pushed the margin back to 13.
Anderson buried a 3-point field goal in transition late in the first half to help the Cowboys lead 44-32 at halftime. The Cowboys made 19 of 31 shot attempts in a half that saw eight lead changes.
North Texas outrebounded their hosts, 35-33, getting eight rebounds from Jacob Holmen off the bench. Odufuwa added seven boards for the Mean Green.
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28
- Oklahoma State G Evans has star potential Oct 28
- Young advances Oregon past Oklahoma State Mar 20
- Pokes and Ducks duke it out in NCAA Tournament action Mar 20
- No. 15 Oklahoma holds off Oklahoma State Mar 13
- Cowboys and Sooners square off in Big 12 Tournament Mar 12