Campbell 85, N.C.-Asheville 66Nov 22, 2009 - 1:04 AM ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez scored 15 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead five Campbell players in double figures as the Camels defeated North Carolina-Asheville 85-66 on Saturday.
Lorne Merthie scored 13 points, Amir Celestin added 12, Preston Dodson had 11 and Junard Hartley chipped in 10 for Campbell (3-0). Hartley also had seven assists.
The Bulldogs did not score for the first 5:35 until a layup by Sean Smith. Campbell led 18-4 with 11:48 left and took a 42-26 lead into halftime.
The Camels shot 59.1 percent from the field (26-for-44) and were 29-for-39 from the free throw line. UNC-Asheville (0-3), which made only 10 of 22 foul shots, could get no closer than 14 points in the second half.
Matt Dickey scored a career-high 26 points and was the only Bulldogs player in double figures. He was 8-for-13 from the field and 4-for-7 from 3-point range.
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 66 FINAL
Nov 21 6:34 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 26 HALFTIME
Nov 21 5:28 PM
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20
- Camels try to get over the hump in clash with 14th-ranked Zags Dec 19