Idaho handles North Dakota State 81-69Nov 22, 2009 - 12:31 AM FARGO, N.D.(AP) -- Idaho scored the first seven points of the second half and led by double digits most of the rest of the way to beat North Dakota State 81-69 Saturday.
Steffan Johnson had 19 points, six assists and three steals for the Vandals (2-1). Luiz Toledo added 18 points and eight rebounds, and Mac Hopson had 16 points and eight assists.
Eric Carlson scored 17 points and had eight rebounds and three steals for North Dakota State (1-2). Josh Vaughan had 12 points, five rebounds and four steals, and Michael Tveidt had 11 points and nine rebounds.
Dejuan Flowers had a game-high 10 rebounds for NDSU, but Idaho had a 41-38 edge on the boards.
Idaho was 16 of 28 in both halves for 57.1 percent. North Dakota State shot only 32.9 percent, including 5-for-23 from the 3-point line.
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 69 FINAL
Nov 21 6:56 PM
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 36 HALFTIME
Nov 21 5:53 PM
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 10 Texas crushes North Dakota State Nov 15
- Longhorns kick off season of hope against visiting Bison Nov 14