Illinois State defeats North Florida 71-55Nov 22, 2009 - 12:57 AM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Osiris Eldridge scored 24 points to lead Illinois State past North Florida 71-55 on Saturday.
Eldridge made 10-of-16 shots, including four 3-pointers, and Dinma Odiakosa added 12 points for the Redbirds (2-0).
Stan Januska led the Ospreys (1-2) with 13 points.
Illinois State shot 59.2 percent, turned 14 turnovers into 16 points and limited North Florida to 31.8 percent shooting.
Illinois State closed the first half with a 26-5 run and took a 42-17 lead at the break.
The Redbirds opened the game with an 11-2 run before North Florida worked its way back to within 16-12. Illinois State then got baskets from five different players, including 3-pointers from Lloyd Phillips and Justin Clark, and scored the game's next 12 points.
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11
- Northern Iowa survives against Illinois State Jan 25