Jacksonville State beats Georgia Southern 89-67Nov 22, 2009 - 1:58 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Trenton Marshall scored 19 points, leading five Jacksonville State players in double figures, to propel the Gamecocks in an 89-67 win against Georgia Southern on Saturday.
Jay-R Strowbridge scored 16 points, Nick Murphy 13, Amadou Mbodji 11 and John Barnes 10 for the Gamecocks (2-1).
Strowbridge was 7-for-11 from the field, including a 2-for-3 performance from beyond the arc. Murphy grabbed eight boards.
The Gamecocks led by just one point at the half, but outscored the Eagles (1-3) 60-39 in the second half.
Jacksonville State went on a 12-0 run over the course of 2 minutes early in the second, and cruised from there. The spree was fueled by six free throws from Marshall, who also dropped in a layup during the run.
Antonio Hanson paced the Eagles with 18 points. Willie Powers added 13.
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Georgia Southern tabs Byington as men's basketball coach Apr 1
- Georgia Southern dismisses Young after 4 seasons Mar 12
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Murray State keeps rolling with easy win over Jacksonville State Jan 13
- Racers continue historic run against Gamecocks Jan 12
- Wright, Cincinnati down Jacksonville State Nov 16