Reed lifts Auburn past IUPUI 80-65Nov 22, 2009 - 1:36 AM DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.(AP) -- DeWayne Reed scored 16 of his 24 points during an eight minute stretch of the first half Saturday night as Auburn overcame a sluggish start to defeat IUPUI 80-65.
The Tigers (2-2), who fell behind UCF by 13 points on Friday night in the Glenn Wilkes Classic and never recovered, trailed the Jaguars by the same margin less than 10 minutes into the game. But led by Reed, their fortunes turned out much different this time.
Reed accounted for the last seven points of the opening half. The basket gave the Tigers a 41-35 halftime lead and resulted in the third personal foul against Jaguars star forward Robert Glenn.
The Jaguars, who once led 20-7, found themselves down 59-42 less than six minutes into the second half. Although Glenn and Jon Avery scored 21 and 16 points, respectively, the Jaguars never got within striking distance.
- NCAA BB
AUBURN 80 FINAL
Nov 21 7:45 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
IUPUI 35 35
AUBURN 41 41 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
IUPUI - ROBERT GLENN 11, JON AVERY 10,
ALEX YOUNG 6
AUBURN - DEWAYNE REED 16, FRANKIE SULLIVAN 9, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 6
Nov 21 6:43 PM
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely Feb 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Cinmeon Bowers to return against LSU Feb 1
- Auburn's Bowers brings energy, rebounds back to lineup Jan 21
- Pearl: Auburn guard Shamsid-Deen out for season Jan 15
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Auburn Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Auburn's Pearl relying again on overhauled roster Oct 29
- Kentucky remains perfect with win over Auburn Mar 14