Detroit beats Albany 66-54Nov 22, 2009 - 4:01 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Xavier Keeling scored 21 points to lead three players in double figures and Detroit beat Albany (N.Y.) 66-54 on Saturday night.
Eli Holman added 20 points and 14 rebounds for the Titans (3-1), who have won three games in a row. Woody Payne chipped in 10 points for Detroit in the 2K Sports Classic.
The Titans trailed 16-15 in the first half, but went on an 18-3 run to lead 33-19. The Titans' lead grew to 19 points with 5 minutes to play in the game.
Tim Ambrose led the Great Danes (2-2) with 12 points.
Both teams suffered from poor shooting as the Titans shot 38.8 percent from the field (19-for-49) and Albany shot 36.2 percent (17-for-47).
The Great Danes had trouble handling the ball, turning it over 20 times, nine of which were steals by the Titans. Payne had four steals and five assists.
- NCAA BB
ALBANY 54 FINAL
Nov 21 9:04 PM
- NCAA BB
ALBANY 33 HALFTIME
Nov 21 8:04 PM
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18