Lee scores 22; Old Dominion beats Marshall 70-62Nov 22, 2009 - 3:00 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Gerald Lee scored a season-high 22 points, 14 in the second half, as Old Dominion remained unbeaten with a 70-62 victory over Marshall on Saturday night.
Frank Hassell added 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Monarchs (4-0), who increased a 20-19 lead with 7:32 remaining in the first half to a 28-21 edge at halftime.
They expanded that to 46-30 with 14:07 left in the second half, with Lee scoring seven points in that stretch and Marsharee Neely hitting a pair of 3-pointers. Neely finished with 11 points.
Damier Pitts scored 14 points and had four steals, and Tyler Wilkerson added 12 points for the Thundering Herd (2-1), which closed the game with an 11-3 run after trailing 67-51 with 56 seconds remaining.
Marshall led by as many as five points in the first half and still led 16-14 at the midway point but was outscored 14-5 the rest of the way until intermission.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MARSHALL 21 41 62
OLD DOMINION 28 42 70 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: MARSHALL - DAMIER PITTS 14, TYLER WILKERSON 12, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 8
OLD DOMINION - GERALD LEE 22, FRANK HASSELL 13,
MARSHAREE NEELY 11
Nov 21 8:48 PM
- NCAA BB
OLD DOMINION 28 HALFTIME
Nov 21 7:42 PM
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Marshall assistant coach Chris Duhon suspended after arrest Nov 30
- Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Report: Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- No. 22 WVU rallies to top Marshall Dec 14
- Marshall challenges No. 22 West Virginia Dec 14
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30