Louisiana-Monroe beats Morehead State 74-73Nov 22, 2009 - 3:47 AM MOREHEAD, Ky.(AP) -- Tony Hooper knocked down a jumper at the buzzer to propel Louisiana-Monroe to a 74-73 win over Morehead State on Saturday night.
A layup from Lawrence Gilbert gave the Warhawks (1-2) a 72-69 lead with 3:16 remaining in the game. But Morehead State's Demonte Harper made two consecutive baskets to give the Eagles a 73-72 lead with 1:54 left.
Each team missed a 3-pointer before Hooper's basket won the game for Lousiana-Monroe.
Dynile Forbes led the Warhawks with 17 points, while Hooper and Gilbert scored 16 apiece.
The Eagles (1-2) were led by Kenneth Faried, who scored 24 points and grabbed 12 rebounds.
Louisiana-Monroe shot 54.5 percent from the field (24-for-44), including 47.6 percent from the 3-point arc (10-for-21).
Morehead State shot 47.2 percent as a team (25-for-53).
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21