Bucknell beats St. Francis 70-58Nov 22, 2009 - 3:35 AM LEWISBURG, Pa.(AP) -- Patrick Behan scored 23 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Bucknell in a 70-58 win over St. Francis (Pa.) on Saturday night.
Behan, the lone Bucknell player to score in double figures, was 9-for-15 from the field in the game. Joe Willman grabbed 12 rebounds, scored eight points and blocked a shot for the Bison (3-2).
Bucknell has won three straight games for the first time since January 2008, and snapped a two-game losing skid to the Red Flash.
The Bison opened the game on a 19-6 run, and took a 30-20 lead into halftime. Bucknell held off the Red Flash (1-3) in the second half, outscoring them 40-38.
Devin Sweetney scored 16 to pace the Red Flash, who have lost three straight. Will Felder had 11 points.
Bucknell forced 12 Red Flash turnovers in the game and committed just four.
The Bison outscored the Red Flash in the paint 44-26.
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28
- Late run lifts Butler past Bucknell Mar 21
- Bison, Bulldogs square off in East Regional action Mar 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13