Western Illinois tops Central Arkansas 56-46Nov 22, 2009 - 3:52 AM CONWAY, Ark.(AP) -- Ceola Clark had a game-high 16 points and seven rebounds to lead Western Illinois past Central Arkansas 56-46 Saturday night,
Clark made most of his points at the free-throw line, where he was 11 of 12. He made 2 of 7 from the field and also had a 3-pointer, three assists and a steal.
Quenton Kirby added 12 points and a steel for the Leathernecks (2-2).
Mike Pouncy had 13 points to lead Central Arkansas (1-3). He also had five rebounds and a block. Tadre Sheppard grabbed a game-high eight rebounds for the Bears.
Central Arkansas struggled at the free-throw line, making just 10 of 25 (40 percent). The Leathernecks hit 16 of 24 (67) percent from the line.
- NCAA BB
WESTRN ILLINOIS 56
CENTRAL ARK 46 FINAL
Nov 21 10:02 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN ILLINOIS 26
CENTRAL ARK 20 HALFTIME
Nov 21 8:54 PM
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- Callahan lifts South Dakota State over Western Illinois in OT Mar 7
- Leathernecks and Jackrabbits seek Summit League championship Mar 6
- UNLV drops 124 on overmatched Central Arkansas Dec 29
- Central Arkansas seeks upset of No. 19 UNLV Dec 28
- Michigan holds off Western Illinois Nov 18
- Leathernecks seek upset of 17th-ranked Wolverines Nov 17
- Missouri crushes Central Arkansas Dec 18
- Williamson taking over at Cent. Arkansas Mar 12
- Glenn leads IUPUI over Western Illinois 77-68 Mar 7