Alabama A&M beats Martin Methodist 76-55Nov 22, 2009 - 4:08 AM HUNTSVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Casey Cantey scored 22 points to lead Alabama A&M in a 76-55 win over Martin Methodist on Saturday night.
Desmond Jackson scored 16 points and Bo Amusa added 13 for the Bulldogs (2-1), who saw their three leading scorers all get hot from 3-point range. Cantey went 4-for-6 from beyond the arc, Jackson was 4-for-8 and Amusa connected on both of his attempts.
The Bulldogs led by just six points with 10:58 to play in the opening half, but they broke the game open with a 12-0 run from that point to take a 20-point halftime lead. Alabama A&M held off the Indians (6-2) in the second half, outscoring them 32-31.
Alabama A&M's bench outscored Martin Methodist's 37-7, and the Bulldogs also scored 25 points off of 17 Indians turnovers.
Aubre Bodison was the lone Indians player in double figures, scoring 26 and hitting six 3-pointers.
- New Mexico opens with easy win over Alabama A&M Nov 10
- Lobos open season against visiting Bulldogs Nov 9
- No. 20 Michigan routs Alabama A&M Dec 17
- Alabama A&M pays visit to No. 20 Michigan Dec 17
- Crimson Tide stay perfect, down Bulldogs Nov 24
- Tide expected to roll in clash with visiting Bulldogs Nov 23
- Alabama State defeats Alabama A&M 56-45 in SWAC Mar 11
- Alabama A&M defeats Grambling State 81-60 Mar 6
- Jackson State holds off Alabama A&M 70-64 Mar 4
- Texas Southern overwhelms Alabama A&M 98-57 Mar 2
- Prairie View A&M defeats Alabama A&M 62-53 Feb 27
- Alabama A&M tops Alcorn State 72-60, sweeps series Feb 22