Texas-El Paso defeats Arkansas State 82-56Nov 22, 2009 - 5:32 AM EL PASO, Texas(AP) -- Arnett Moultrie scored 25 points and Claude Britten added 19, both career highs, as Texas-El Paso defeated Arkansas State 82-56 Saturday night.
Moultrie scored 17 of his points in the first half when the Miners, who are 3-0 for the first time in five years, built a 43-30 lead.
Martavius Adams led the Red Wolves (2-1) with 14 points and Daniel Bryant added 12.
UTEP's starters accounted for all but seven of its points. Randy Culpepper added 16, Julyan Stone 10 and Christian Polk five.
UTEP capitalized on easy opportunities all night, scoring 46 of its points in the paint and shooting 56.4 percent (31 of 55), including 60.0 percent in the second half.
The Miners, who never trailed, opened the game on a 12-2 run and led by as many as 16 in the first half. They extended their lead to as many as 29.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- UTEP coach Floyd suspended 1 game Feb 27
- No. 3 Arizona outlasts UTEP Dec 20
- Third-ranked Wildcats hit road to battle Miners Dec 19
- Three UTEP men's hoops players dismissed after gambling probe Jan 7
- Ellis, Kansas hold off UTEP Nov 30
- Jayhawks seek redemption in clash with Miners Nov 30
- White powers Iowa past UTEP Nov 29
- Iowa takes on UTEP in Battle 4 Atlantis semifinal Nov 29
- Memphis holds on to stay perfect in conference play Mar 5
- Tigers put C-USA perfection on the line against Miners Mar 5
- No. 21 UNLV sneaks past UTEP Dec 18