Richmond rolls past Chattanooga 75-49Nov 23, 2009 - 12:16 AM RICHMOND, Va.(AP) -- Kevin Anderson scored 23 points and Richmond took advantage of 23 turnovers to roll over Chattanooga 75-49 in the South Padre Island Invitational on Sunday.
The Spiders (3-1) host Longwood in a second-round game on Tuesday and Chattanooga (2-1) will travel to Missouri.
The Spiders scored the first 14 points, forced 15 first-half turnovers and scored 17 points off turnovers to take a 40-24 halftime lead.
Anderson had 13 points, six rebounds, two assists and no turnovers in 16 minutes as Richmond built an 18-point lead.
Richmond's lead expanded to 31 in the second half and the Mocs got no closer than the 16-point halftime margin.
Francis-Cedric Martel added 10 points for Richmond. Dan Geriot's 10 rebounds led the Spiders to a 43-33 rebounding margin.
Ridge McKeither led the Mocs with 17 points and 10 rebounds, and DeAntre Jefferson added 10 points.
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16