Brown knocks off Maine 75-62Nov 22, 2009 - 9:45 PM PROVIDENCE, R.I.(AP) -- Matt Mullery scored 24 points and Peter Sullivan added 20 points to lead Brown to a 75-62 victory over Maine on Sunday.
Mullery was 9-for-14 and Sullivan was 7-for-11 as the Bears (2-3) shot 47.2 percent (25-for-53) from the field and pulled away late in the second half.
Maine (2-2) took a 41-38 lead on Junior Bernal's 3-pointer with 16:47 left in the game, but Sullivan hit a 3-pointer for a 44-43 advantage with 15:35 remaining.
Jean-Herbert Harris' 3-pointer gave Maine a 54-48 advantage with 11:41 left, and Andrew McCarthy extended the margin to 62-52 on a layup with 6:14 remaining.
Steve Gruber made six consecutive free throws in the final minute to ice the victory.
McCarthy finished with 10 points and six rebounds.
Bernal had 18 points and nine rebounds and Sean McNally added 14 points and 10 rebounds for Maine.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- Elijah Brown leaving Butler Apr 18