Louisiana Tech roars past Nicholls State, 77-45Nov 22, 2009 - 11:15 PM ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.(AP) -- Jamel Guyton scored 19 points and Kyle Gibson had 18 Sunday to lead Louisiana Tech to a 77-45 victory over Nicholls State in the Basketball Travelers World Vision Classic.
Louisiana Tech (3-1) broke open a close game early in the second half, holding Nicholls State scoreless for more than seven minutes during an 18-0 run that turned a four-point Bulldogs lead into a 51-29 advantage.
Guyton had 10 points in the deciding stretch, including two of his three 3-pointers.
Antatoly Bose scored 21 points for the Colonels (0-5) and Maurice Foster had 14. For the Bulldogs, Olu Ashaolu had 11 points and a game-high 13 rebounds, and Magnum Rolle had 11 rebounds and 10 points.
Louisiana Tech played tough defense throughout the game, limiting Nicholls State to 16-of-48 shooting from the field.
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 45
NICHOLLS ST 77 FINAL
Nov 22 5:49 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 33
NICHOLLS ST 27 HALFTIME
Nov 22 4:51 PM
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14
- Bulldogs challenge seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 14
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- No. 25 La Tech downs Utah State for 17th-straight win Feb 28