Wells leads James Madison to 81-68 win over FIUNov 23, 2009 - 1:38 AM MIAMI(AP) -- Julius Wells scored 23 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead James Madison to an 81-68 win over Florida International on Sunday night.
Darren White added 20 points and Matt Parker chipped in 13 for James Madison (1-2), which had five players score in double figures.
Isiah Thomas' squad was looking for its first three-game winning streak since Feb. 9-20, 2008. With the loss, the Golden Panthers dropped to 2-4 in Thomas' first season.
The Dukes went on a 10-0 run, including back-to-back 3-pointers by Parker late in the first half, to take a 35-30 lead into halftime.
Wells drilled a trio of 3-pointers to give James Madison a 49-36 lead with 14:32 left in the game to cap a 12-0 run. FIU would get as close as six the rest of the way.
Phil Gary scored 16 points and Stephon Weaver added 15 to lead FIU.
- NCAA BB
FIU 68 FINAL
Nov 22 7:53 PM
- NCAA BB
FIU 30 HALFTIME
Nov 22 6:44 PM
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- No. 5 Louisville powers past FIU Dec 5
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 5
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Smith powers Louisville to blowout of FIU Dec 22
- Cardinals fly south to take on Panthers Dec 21
- Virginia takes care of James Madison Nov 9
- No. 24 Virginia opens season against James Madison Nov 8
- FIU tabs Evans as head coach Apr 16