Missouri State defeats Eastern Michigan 75-61Nov 23, 2009 - 4:25 AM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Caleb Patterson and Nafis Ricks scored 13 points each to lead Missouri State to a 75-61 win over Eastern Michigan on Sunday night in the final game of the Hispanic College Fund Challenge.
Missouri State (4-0) led 40-21 at halftime and by as much as 24. A basket by Ryan Jehle put the Bears ahead 48-24 with 16:56 to go.
Eastern Michigan (2-2) then rallied to cut the lead to 55-43 on a basket by Jamell Harris with 11:57 left.
Missouri State followed with a basket by Ricks and two by Will Creekmore put to go back on top 62-43 with 9:12 left.
Kyle Weems and Creekmore finished with 11 points and Adam Leonard added 10.
Brandon Bowdry had 15 points and 11 rebounds for Eastern Michigan. Jay Higgins had 12 points and Harris added 10.
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21
- Northern Iowa downs Missouri State Jan 18
- Panthers and Bears meet MVC melee Jan 18
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- No. 2 Wichita State rolls into MVC final Mar 8