Oakland (Mich.) beats Tennessee Tech 77-56Nov 24, 2009 - 3:45 AM COOKEVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Derick Nelson scored 20 points and two others scored in double figures as Oakland (Mich.) beat Tennessee Tech 77-56 on Monday night in the Hall of Fame Showcase.
Keith Benson had a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Grizzlies (3-2). Johnathon Jones added 14 points.
Trailing 38-33 at halftime, the Golden Eagles (2-3) went on a 10-1 run to start the second half, capped by a Kevin Murphy layup to take its biggest lead of the game at 43-39.
The Grizzlies answered with a 14-0 run, and a 3-pointer by Blake Cushingberry with 10 minutes remaining made it 55-45. The lead would never dip below 10 points the rest of the way.
Murphy led the Golden Eagles with 15 points and six rebounds, and shot 7-for-14 from the field. Alfred Jones added 12 points on 6 of 8 shooting from the field and had seven rebounds.
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 56 FINAL
Nov 23 9:51 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 33 HALFTIME
Nov 23 8:57 PM
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15
- Oakland pays visit to No. 14 Iowa State Nov 14