Eastern Kentucky routs Fairleigh-Dickinson 68-39Nov 24, 2009 - 1:37 AM RICHMOND, Ky.(AP) -- Josh Daniel scored 14 points off the bench and Eastern Kentucky routed Fairleigh-Dickinson 68-39 in the O'Reilly Auto Parts Classic on Monday night.
Daniel, who shot 3-for-5 from 3-point range, also had five rebounds and two steals in 19 minutes. Josh Taylor added 13 points and five assists for the Colonels (2-1).
The Colonels led 40-19 at halftime and built a 35-point lead with 5:33 remaining. Nine players scored for the Colonels, who shot 45.2 percent from 3-point range (14-for-31).
The Knights (1-3) committed 18 turnovers which led to 20 points for Eastern Kentucky. The Colonels' defense had 12 steals.
Alvin Mofunanya, coming off a career-best 22 points in a win over Central Michigan on Saturday, led the Knights with 14 points and seven rebounds.
the Knights shot only 32.6 from the field (15-for-46).
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21