Ohio defeats Lamar 71-46Nov 24, 2009 - 3:08 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- D.J. Cooper had 16 points, five assists, three steals and two blocks in Ohio's 71-46 win over Lamar on Monday night.
The Bobcats (4-0), who trailed 15-8 midway through the first half, took a 17-15 lead on a jump shot by Reggie Keely with 4:39 to play until halftime.
Charlie Harper then tied the game for the Cardinals (2-3) on a jump shot. But Keely found the basket again with 4:05 remaining in the half for a 19-7 lead, and Ohio wouldn't trail again.
The Bobcats, ahead 24-23 at halftime, led 38-32 with 11:56 left to play and went on a 22-7 run over the next 6 minutes. DeVaughn Washington gave Ohio a 60-39 advantage with 5:38 left.
Jay Kinney and Keely scored 12 points each and Steven Coleman finished with 10 for the Bobcats.
Ohio scored 17 points off of 20 Lamar turnovers.
Harper finished with 11 points for Lamar, which shot 25.4 percent (16 of 63).
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17
- Ohio battles Akron for MAC Tournament title Mar 16