Texas-San Antonio defeats UC-Irvine 66-56Nov 24, 2009 - 4:46 AM RICHMOND, Ky.(AP) -- Devin Gibson scored 19 points and Texas-San Antonio defeated California-Irvine 66-56 on Monday night.
Gibson was 7-for-10 and led the Roadrunners to 50 percent shooting (25 of 50) in the O'Reilly Auto Parts CBE Classic, and their first 3-0 start since 2004-05.
The Roadrunners extended their non-conference winning streak to nine games and have defeated 12 of their past 14 non-league opponents.
Terry Fields and Morris Smith added 11 points apiece for the Roadrunners, who tallied 40 points in the paint.
The Roadrunners led 34-27 at halftime after a 9-2 run over the final 6:30 of the frame. Fields scored five points, tallied one assist and a steal during the run, which was capped off by a layup from Sei Paye with 1:11 until halftime.
Eric Wise scored 23 points on 7-of-13 shooting from the field and 9 of 10 from the free-throw line for the Anteaters (2-2).
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Oregon thumps UC Irvine, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- Anteaters face tall task in clash with undefeated Ducks Dec 17