Samford defeats McNeese State 68-52Nov 24, 2009 - 4:26 AM BIRMINGHAM, Ala.(AP) -- Bryan Friday scored 15 points to lead three players in double figures in Samford's 68-52 win over McNeese State on Monday night.
The Bulldogs (1-4), who led 38-20 at halftime, ended the first half on a 15-1 run in the final 5:26 of the frame. Trey Montgomery, who finished with 14 points, scored seven points during the spurt.
Josh Davis also had 14 points on 4-of-9 shooting for Samford.
Samford had dropped four straight games to open the season before winning their home opener.
The Bulldogs, who shot 50 percent from 3-point range (7 of 14), scored 18 points off of 13 Cowboys turnovers.
Samford held McNeese State (1-4) to 25 percent shooting in the first half (7 of 28), while the Bulldogs finished 50 percent from the field in the game (19 of 38).
Diego Kapelan led the Cowboys with 15 points on 5-of-15 shooting and Stephan Martin added 13 points.
- Samford coach Padgett signs 4-year extension Mar 6
- Samford tabs Padgett new head coach Jun 6
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8
- North Carolina routs McNeese State Dec 22
- McNeese State comes calling on No. 23 North Carolina Dec 22
- Thomas, Memphis fend off Samford Nov 18
- Samford takes on No. 17 Memphis Nov 17
- No. 2 Louisville feasts on Samford Nov 15
- No. 2 Cardinals set sights on Bulldogs Nov 15