Texas-San Antonio beats Fairleigh Dickinson 75-61Nov 25, 2009 - 5:03 AM RICHMOND, Ky.(AP) -- Morris Smith IV scored 14 points to lead five Texas-San Antonio players in double figures as the Roadrunners defeated Fairleigh Dickinson 75-61 on Tuesday night.
Texas-San Antonio is 4-0 for the first time and extended its non-conference winning streak to 10 games.
Smith IV scored 10 of his 14 after the break, helping the Roadrunners run away from Fairleigh Dickinson (1-4) with a 17-3 run midway through the second half.
The Roadrunners were 17-for-18 from the free throw line and shot 44.1 percent (26-for-59) from the field, including 6-for-15 from the 3-point line. Texas-San Antonio also forced 17 turnovers and out-rebounded the Knights 37-32 in the O'Reilly Auto Parts Classic.
Omar Johnson scored 13 points and Terry Fields, Devin Gibson and Melvin Johnson III added 12 points each for the Roadrunners.
Sean Baptiste led the Knights with 18 points.
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19