Rhode Island defeats Stony Brook 75-58Nov 25, 2009 - 4:00 AM KINGSTON, R.I.(AP) -- Lamonte Ulmer scored 16 points to lead four Rhode Island players in double figures in a 75-58 win over Stony Brook on Tuesday night.
Keith Cothran added 15 and Akeem Richmond and Will Martell chipped in 10 points each for the Rams (3-0).
Rhode Island jumped out to a 10-0 lead on a layup by Cothran with 16:31. The Rams scored four of those points off of Stony Brook turnovers.
The Rams forced 21 turnovers in the game for their 16th straight non-conference win.
Rhode Island, which led 32-17 at halftime, held a team to its lowest first-half points since Boston University scored just 14 on Nov. 29, 2005.
The Seawolves (3-1) shot 25 percent in the first half (6 of 24) and had 12 turnovers.
Marcus Rouse scored 16 points and Tommy Brenton had 10 for Stony Brook. Muhammad El-Amin, who averaged 17 points for the Seawolves, finished with nine.
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Rhode Island guard E.C. Matthews out for season Nov 14
- Hurley has new deal at Rhode Island Apr 2
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- No. 17 VCU rallies to down Rhode Island Jan 13
- VCU and Rhode Island lock horns in A-10 tussle Jan 13
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28