Drexel downs Penn 58-49Nov 25, 2009 - 3:44 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Jamie Harris scored 22 points to lead Drexel to its first win, beating still-winless Penn 58-49 on Tuesday night.
Harris finished 8-for-14 from the field for Drexel, and was the only player with more than three shots to shoot better than 50 percent. Gerald Colds and Evan Neisler each added 10 points for the Dragons (1-3).
The Dragons shot 44.4 percent from the field (24-for-54) compared to just a 35.4 mark (17-for-48) for Penn. The teams combined to go 0-for-19 from beyond the arc, as Drexel finished without hitting at least one 3-pointer for the first time since 1992 (520 games).
Zack Rosen paced the Quakers (0-4) with 13 points, while Jack Eggleston and Mike Howlett added 10 apiece.
Drexel scored 20 points off of 18 Penn turnovers, and outscored the Quakers in the paint 42-30.
- NCAA BB
PENN 49 FINAL
Nov 24 9:03 PM
- NCAA BB
PENN 20 HALFTIME
Nov 24 7:52 PM
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Villanova pulls away from Penn in Big-5 clash Dec 5
- Red-hot Villanova hosts local rival Penn Dec 4
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27