Rossiter leads Siena past Delaware 90-56Nov 25, 2009 - 2:33 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Ryan Rossiter scored 22 points and Siena used a strong first half to pull away early from Delaware in a 90-56 win on Tuesday night.
Owen Wignot had 15 points and Alex Franklin added 15 points and seven rebounds for the Saints (3-1). Kyle Downey and Edwin Ubiles each finished with 10 points in the Philly Hoop Group Classic.
Siena held the Blue Hens (1-3) to one field goal for the first 5-plus minutes of the game, taking a 14-2 lead on Franklin's jumper. The Saints pushed their margin to 17 points on Wignot's jumper with 5:16 left in the first half.
Downey's layup with 3:42 left gave Siena an 84-47 lead. The Saints, who shot 48.5 percent from the floor (32-for-66), held Delaware to 38.5 percent (20-for-52).
Jawan Carter led the Blue Hens with 13 points, while D.J. Boney scored 12.
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31