Quinnipiac defeats Maine 59-46Nov 25, 2009 - 3:16 AM ORONO, Maine(AP) -- James Johnson scored 16 points and Quinnipiac defeated Maine 59-46 on Tuesday night.
Johnson, who was 4-for-6 from 3-point range, hit two 3s as the Bobcats (3-1) pulled away in the second half.
After Quinnipiac led 31-25 at halftime, the Black Bears (2-3) closed the deficit to 33-32 on a layup by Junior Bernal with 16:42 left.
Johnson then hit two long-range shots to highlight an 8-1 run. Jeremy Baker capped the run with a layup with 12:31 remaining.
Quinnipiac led 20-8 in the first half on a free throw by Baker with 11:38.
Justin Rutty added 14 for the Bearcats and Baker finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Maine was led by Troy Barnies with 11 points and Sean McNally with 10 rebounds and nine points. McNally came just one point shy of his third double-double of the season.
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11
- No. 4 Uconn uses strong second half to defeat Maine Nov 17
- No.4 UConn plays host to Maine Nov 17
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2015-16 season Jul 18
- Quinnipiac's Moore receives contract extension Apr 29
- Hokies beat Quinnipiac 81-61 in 1st round of NIT Mar 17