Texas Tech holds off Stephen F. Austin 63-61Nov 25, 2009 - 4:03 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Texas Tech remained unbeaten Tuesday with a 63-61 victory over Stephen F. Austin.
The Red Raiders (6-0) led by as many as 16 points early in the second half before Stephen F. Austin (1-2) went on a 13-6 run over the final 4:37 and came within two points (62-60) with 10 seconds remaining.
After Mike Singletary made one of two free throws to extend the lead to 63-60, the Red Raiders fouled Eddie Williams before he could launch a 3-pointer.
Williams hit the first free throw with 4 seconds left. His second attempt bounced high off the back iron. In the ensuing scrum, SFA's Jordan Glynn came up with the ball but missed on what would have been the game-tying shot as time expired.
Darko Cohadarevic led Texas Tech with 18 points, and John Roberson added 14.
Williams scored 19 points and Jereal Scott had 15 for Stephen F. Austin.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS TECH 63
SFA 61 FINAL
Nov 24 9:59 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS TECH 32
SFA 27 0:00 LEFT, 1ST HALF
Nov 24 8:49 PM
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Texas Tech at a glance Oct 28
- Texas Tech aims for turnaround after 2 losing seasons Oct 28
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7