Louisiana-Monroe beats Grambling State 76-66Nov 25, 2009 - 5:18 AM MONROE, La.(AP) -- Lawrence Gilbert scored 18 points and Dynile Forbes added 17 to lead Louisiana-Monroe past Grambling State 76-66 on Tuesday night.
The Warhawks (3-2) led 17-13 with 12:35 to go in the first half before going on a 7-0 run. Colby Carr gave Louisiana-Monroe a 25-14 lead on a layup with 9:03 left until halftime.
The Warhawks shot 56.6 percent in the first half (13 of 23), including 53.8 percent from 3-point range and led 39-26 at halftime.
Forbes scored 13 of his points in the first half.
The Tigers (1-3) cut the lead to 44-35 with 15:58 left in the game, but Louisiana-Monroe scored 10 straight points for a 54-35 lead with 13:16 remaining.
Rudy Turner added 14 points for the Warhawks.
Lance Fuertado led Grambling with 23 points. Torez Young added 15, Ariece Perkis 11 and Kevin Loyd 10 for the Tigers.
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- TCU thumps Grambling State Dec 23
- Washington routs Grambling State Dec 18
- Tigers face tall task in clash with 16th-ranked Huskies Dec 17
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27