Saint Louis beats Mississippi Valley State 75-39Nov 25, 2009 - 3:17 AM ST. LOUIS(AP) -- Willie Reed led all scorers with 17 points and Saint Louis beat Mississippi Valley State 75-39 in the Chicago Invitational Challenge on Tuesday night.
Reed shot 8 of 9 from the field to help the Billikens improve to 4-0 for the first time since the 1997-98 season.
Jason Holmes led Mississippi Valley State (1-4) with 13 points.
Christian Salecich finished with 14 points, Justin Jordan had 12 and Kyle Cassity added 10 for Saint Louis.
The Delta Devils kept the game close early in the second half and pulled to within 40-31 when D'Angelo Jackson scored off a drive with 15:16 left. But the Billikens then delivered a knockout blow in the form a 35-5 run. Saint Louis hit seven 3-pointers, including two each from Salecich, Jordan and Femi John, during that stretch.
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- Louisville reaches Sweet 16 with win over Saint Louis Mar 22
- Cardinals battle Billikens in Midwest Regional Mar 22