Toledo scores 15, Idaho tops Sacramento St. 75-61Nov 25, 2009 - 5:35 AM MOSCOW, Idaho(AP) -- Idaho's Luiz Toledo scored 15 points en route to a 75-61 victory over Sacramento State on Tuesday.
The Vandals (3-1) jumped ahead quickly as Steffan Johnson hit a pair of 3-pointers to give Idaho a 9-2 lead.
The Hornets (3-3) remained within 14 points or less, but Idaho had too many offensive weapons to contend with.
The Vandals had four players in double figures, with Toledo leading the way. Kashif Watson and Marvin Jefferson each had 12 points and Luciano de Souza added 11.
Sultan Toles-Bey led the Hornets with 16 points. Michael Selling had 15 and John Dickson added 10.
Idaho shot 44 percent from the field while the Hornets shot 36 percent.
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Idaho will return to Big Sky Conference Oct 19
- Idaho hands No. 21 Utah State first WAC loss Feb 10
- Nevada rolls past Idaho 87-71 in WAC quarterfinal Mar 12
- Johnson leads Idaho past Hawaii 78-69 Mar 6
- Twitter comments lead to Idaho player's suspension Mar 6
- Idaho holds off San Jose State for 86-76 victory Mar 5