California wins 79-47 over JacksonvilleNov 25, 2009 - 5:41 AM BERKELEY, Calif.(AP) -- Patrick Christopher scored a season-high 23 points, Omondi Amoke added 15 points and eight rebounds and California beat Jacksonville 79-47 on Tuesday night.
Coming off back-to-back losses to Syracuse and then-No. 15 Ohio State in last week's Coaches vs. Cancer tournament that dropped the Golden Bears (3-2) out of the Associated Press Top 25, California had no problem handling the smaller, slower Dolphins (0-2) despite being without second-leading scorer Theo Robertson for a third consecutive game, who has a foot injury.
The Golden Bears led by 30 points or more over the final 10 minutes and took advantage of 17 Jacksonville turnovers to win in the first meeting between the schools.
Lehmon Colbert had 10 points and six assists for the Dolphins.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
JACKSONVILLE 19 28 47
CALIFORNIA 36 43 79 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: JACKSONVILLE - LEHMON COLBERT 10, BEN SMITH 9,
CHRIS EDWARDS 5
CALIFORNIA - PATRICK CHRISTOPHER 23, OMONDI AMOKE 15,
JEROME RANDLE 10
Nov 25 12:22 AM
- NCAA BB
CALIFORNIA 36 HALFTIME
Nov 24 11:22 PM
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7
- After undefeated February, Cal seeks Pac-12 title in March Mar 1
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- California looks to solve road woes on trip to Washington Feb 16
- Cal senior Tyrone Wallace out 4-6 weeks with broken hand Jan 19