Crawford leads Northwestern past Liberty 69-53Nov 25, 2009 - 1:34 AM EVANSTON, Ill.(AP) -- Freshman Drew Crawford scored 22 points, nearly double his output from the first three games combined, to lead Northwestern to a 69-53 victory over Liberty on Tuesday night.
John Shurna added 14 points for Northwestern (3-1), which needed only five points from top scorer Michael Thompson. Thompson entered the game averaging 19.7 points and scored 31 in Sunday's narrow victory over Tennessee State.
Kyle Ohman scored 15 points for Liberty (1-5), which has lost its last four games by an average of 26.8 points.
The game was part of the Chicago Invitational Challenge. Play shifts to the neutral-site UIC Pavilion on Friday, when Northwestern plays Notre Dame and Liberty meets Mississippi Valley State.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LIBERTY 20 33 53
NORTHWESTERN 37 32 69 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: LIBERTY - KYLE OHMAN 15, PATRICK KONAN 8, JOHNNY
NORTHWESTERN - DREW CRAWFORD 22, JOHN SHURNA 14,
KYLE ROWLEY 8
Nov 24 8:26 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN 37 HALFTIME
Nov 24 7:18 PM
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Northwestern F Vic Law to miss season with shoulder injury Nov 11
- Northwestern looks to make jump in Collins' third season Oct 27
- Northwestern at a glance Oct 27
- Northwestern rewards Collins with extension May 26
- Wisconsin dominates Northwestern Feb 7
- Wildcats and Badgers meet in Big Ten battle Feb 7
- Maryland pulls out comeback win over Northwestern Jan 25
- Wildcats hit road to challenge 13th-ranked Terrapins Jan 25
- No. 4 Wisconsin blows out Northwestern Jan 4
- Big Ten brawl pits Badgers against Wildcats Jan 4
- Butler pulls away to beat Northwestern Dec 6