Loyola rolls past Dartmouth 58-41Nov 25, 2009 - 2:22 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- Shane Walker recorded a double-double and Loyola (Md.) outscored Dartmouth 14-1 in the final 7:33 for a 58-41 victory on Tuesday night.
Walker had 14 points and 11 rebounds and the Greyhounds (3-2) outscored the Big Green 31-16 in the second half to ruin Dartmouth's home opener.
Dartmouth (0-4) took a 38-37 lead on Josh Riddle's free throw with 12:11 remaining in the game, but Loyola scored seven consecutive points for a 44-38 lead with 8:25 left.
Ronnie Dixon hit a layup to cut the advantage to 44-40 with 7:55 left, but that was the last field goal for Dartmouth.
Loyola outscored the Big Green 14-1 the rest of the way, holding them scoreless for the final 5:41.
Walker made consecutive baskets to give Loyola a 50-40 lead with 5:59 left.
Brett Harvey added 10 points for Loyola.
Riddle led Dartmouth with 11 points.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 58
DARTMOUTH 41 FINAL
Nov 24 8:37 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA MD 27
DARTMOUTH 25 HALFTIME
Nov 24 7:45 PM
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- Report: Loyola-Maryland extends Patsos Mar 28
- Thomas pours in 31 as Ohio State routs Loyola-Maryland Mar 16
- Buckeyes battle Greyhounds to begin tournament run Mar 15
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7
- No. 22 Harvard opens Ivy League action against Dartmouth Jan 7
- No. 3 Kentucky downs Loyola-Maryland behind balanced attack Dec 22
- Greyhounds face tall task in clash with third-ranked Wildcats Dec 22