VMI 95, N.C.-Wilmington 115Nov 25, 2009 - 4:05 AM WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) -- John Fields scored 22 points and grabbed 14 rebounds, and North Carolina-Wilmington set a single-game scoring record with a 115-95 win over Virginia Military Institute on Tuesday night.
The Seahawks (2-4) snapped a two-game losing streak, shooting 63.3 percent from the floor (42-for-66).
Fields notched his second straight double-double, and Chad Tomko added 20 points and 12 assists.
Keith Gabriel paced the Keydets (2-2) with 25 points off the bench on 9-for-18 from the floor, including going 5-for-10 behind the 3-point line.
In the first-ever meeting between the two schools, the Seahawks grabbed a 57-44 lead at halftime. The Keydets could get no closer than eight points the rest of the way.
The Seahawks racked up a school-record 10 slam dunks in the rout.
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 115 FINAL
Nov 24 9:13 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 57 HALFTIME
Nov 24 8:03 PM
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- VMI introduces Earl as new men's hoops coach Apr 13
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- No. 21 West Virginia routs VMI Nov 27
- Mountaineers continue run against Keydets Nov 26
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11
- No. 19 North Carolina cruises past UNC-Wilmington Dec 31
- Seahawks and Tar Heels meet in New Year's Eve fracas Dec 31