Harris' career-high leads Navy past Towson 87-70Nov 25, 2009 - 2:28 AM ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP) -- Chris Harris scored a career-high 37 points and Navy defeated Towson 87-70 on Tuesday night.
Harris, who's previous high was 30 points against Villanova on Dec. 22, also was 12 of 12 from the free-throw line. Harris has now made 33 straight free throws.
After ending the first half with on a layup and free throw by Harris, Navy (2-3)opened the second half with two unanswered baskets for seven straight points and an eight-point lead on Mark Veazey's layup with 18:03 remaining.
Navy, which ranked 333rd in the nation in field goal percentage coming in (35.1) shot 52.8 percent (28 of 53) against the Tigers.
In the two team's last meeting, early in the 2007-08 slate, the Midshipmen suffered their biggest loss of the season 86-68.
Jordan Sugars added 24 points for the Midshipmen.
The Tigers (1-2) were led by RaShawn Polk with 19 points and Jarrel Smith with 15.
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22
- Towson hits road to challenge No. 2 Kansas Nov 22
- Towson's Skerry given contract extension Aug 15
- Poor shooting Hoyas overcome Towson Dec 8
- 15th-ranked Hoyas play host to Tigers Dec 8
- No. 23 Virginia hangs on to beat Towson Dec 31
- Toothless Tigers pay visit to red-hot Cavaliers Dec 30
- No. 10 Missouri cruises past Navy Dec 10
- 10th-ranked Tigers set sights on Midshipmen in Columbia Dec 10