Alabama-Birmingham beats Troy 77-59Nov 25, 2009 - 5:02 AM BIRMINGHAM, Ala.(AP) -- Elijah Millsap scored 22 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to help Alabama-Birmingham to a 77-59 win over Troy on Tuesday night.
Jamarr Sanders added 20 points and the Blazers (5-1) shot 64 percent in the second half (16 of 25) for their fourth straight win.
Troy (2-2) took a 15-14 lead on a 3-pointer by Richard Delk with 9 minutes left in the first half. But UAB went on a 13-2 run capped by two free throws with 2:48 left in the first half by Aaron Johnson, who finished with 12 points.
The Blazers led 32-21 at halftime, and built their lead to 74-52 on a 3-pointer by Sanders with 3:33 left in the game.
UAB, which outrebounded the Trojans 43-27, finished with 21 second-chance points and scored 40 points in the paint.
The Trojans were led by Delk with 23 points. Michael Vogler added 12 and Yamene Coleman chipped in with 10 for Troy.
- NCAA BB
UAB 77 FINAL
Nov 24 9:54 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TROY 21 21
UAB 32 32 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
TROY - RICHARD DELK 13, YAMENE COLEMAN 4, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 2
UAB - JAMARR SANDERS 11, AARON JOHNSON 6,
ELIJAH MILLSAP 5
Nov 24 8:49 PM
- UAB gives Robert Ehsan 5-year deal worth $450,000 annually Apr 20
- UAB elevates Rob Ehsan to become men's basketball coach Apr 4
- UAB, Haase agree to new 6-year contract Mar 25
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Spot in Sweet 16 awaits winner of UAB vs. UCLA Mar 21
- UAB topples Iowa State for first upset of tourney Mar 19
- Cyclones start tournament in showdown with Blazers Mar 19
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Paige, No. 20 UNC cruise to win over UAB Dec 27
- Tar Heels play host to Blazers Dec 27
- No. 22 UCLA cruises past UAB Nov 29