Eastern Michigan stymies Southeast Missouri 86-76Nov 25, 2009 - 3:41 AM CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP) -- Brandon Bowdry scored 25 points in 21 minutes to lead Eastern Michigan to an 86-76 win over Southeast Missouri on Tuesday night.
Justin Dobbins and Antonio Green scored 15 points apiece for Eastern Michigan (3-2).
Sam Pearson led Southeast Missouri (1-3) with 17 points. Derek Thompson scored 15, and LaMont Russell and Marland Smith each had 10.
Southeast Missouri scored the final six points of the first half and the first 10 of the second half to take a 51-40 lead, its largest of the game.
After a Jajuan Maxwell basket gave Southeast Missouri a 70-67 lead with 7:25 left, the Eagles used a 12-0 run over the next five minutes to take a 79-70 lead. Bowdry scored nine points over that span.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 86
SE MISSOURI 76 FINAL
Nov 24 10:13 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 40
SE MISSOURI 41 HALFTIME
Nov 24 8:52 PM
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- No. 21 UMass downs Eastern Michigan Dec 3
- Eagles hoping to soar past 21st-ranked Minutemen Dec 3
- Cauley-Stein, No. 3 Kentucky crush Eastern Michigan Nov 27