Columbia knocks off Bucknell 73-59Nov 25, 2009 - 4:24 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Noruwa Agho scored 23 points and Columbia finished the game on a 30-8 run to defeat Bucknell 73-59 on Tuesday night.
Agho was 7-for-8 on 3-point attempts to help Columbia (2-1) go 13 of 18 from beyond the arc (72.2 percent).
He hit consecutive 3-pointers to cut Bucknell's lead from 51-43 with 10:16 left to 51-49 with 8:24 remaining.
Columbia tied the score at 54 on Patrick Foley's free throw with 4:55 remaining and quickly took a 59-54 lead on another 3-pointer by Agho with 3:45 remaining.
Bucknell (3-2) cut the advantage to 60-57 on Patrick Behan's free throw with 2:53 left, but didn't score again until Joe Willman's layup at the buzzer.
Foley added 13 points, going 2 of 3 from the 3-point line, and Niko Scott hit 2 of 4 from beyond the arc to finish with 12 points.
Behan led Bucknell with 15 points, Stephen Tyree added 12 points and G.W. Boon had 11.
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- No. 2 Michigan State holds off Columbia Nov 15
- Lions hit road seeking upset of second-ranked Spartans Nov 15
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28