Eastern Illinois dumps Chicago State 82-68Nov 25, 2009 - 4:31 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Jeremy Granger scored a career-high 24 points and Eastern Illinois improved to 3-1 for the first time in 11 years by whipping Chicago State 82-68 Tuesday night.
Granger, a Chicago native, was 7 of 12 from the floor and a perfect 9 of 9 from the foul line. Tyler Laser added 17 and Shaun Pratl 12 for the Panthers.
Eastern Illinois outshot Chicago State 54 percent to 33 percent, but the Cougars (3-2) got part of that back by going 27 of 38 from the free-throw line.
Carl Montgomery led Chicago State with 21 points and a game-high 10 rebounds. Antonio Lofton chipped in with 13 points.
The Panthers led 47-28 at halftime.
The loss was Chicago State's first at home after three victories.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 82
CHICAGO ST 68 FINAL
Nov 24 10:10 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 47
CHICAGO ST 28 HALFTIME
Nov 24 8:52 PM
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Murray State stays perfect with win over Eastern Illinois Jan 29
- Panthers come to Murray seeking upset of 11th-ranked Racers Jan 28
- SDSU comes alive late, keeps Chicago State winless Jan 11