SE Louisiana beats Jacksonville St. 77-73Nov 25, 2009 - 4:33 AM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- Patrick Sullivan scored 21 points to lead four players in double figures as Southeastern Louisiana beat Jacksonville State 77-73 on Tuesday night.
Trent Hutchin, Gary Dixon and Brandon Fortenberry added 11 points each as the Lions (3-1) shot 54 percent and led for nearly the entire game. The Lions snapped a 4-4 tie on a three-point play by Jason Marks with 17:09 remaining in the first half and never trailed again.
Sullivan, who finished 9-for-16 from the floor, grabbed eight rebounds and blocked five shots.
Trenton Marshall led the Gamecocks (2-2) with 25 points, scoring 21 in the second half.
Jeremy Bynum sank a 3-pointer with 12:03 to play, pulling the Gamecocks within 49-45. But Jacksonville State could get no closer, as Southeastern Louisiana pushed the lead to 58-48 on two free throws by Robert Tibbs with just over 8 minutes left.
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern Louisiana Nov 11